Wednesday Words of Wisdom

Before you head off for a well-deserved break to stuff yourself full of turkey and cranberry sauce, take a moment to reflect on this week’s Wednesday Words of Wisdom from Jennifer Walters in the Allied Health/Science department:

I have been an instructor at Delaware Technical Community College for almost three years and the amount of wisdom and knowledge I have gained has been tremendous. The support and positive feedback have helped me grow as an instructor. My words of wisdom would be to love what you do for both instructors and students. I see a lot of students coming and going on a daily basis. Some are going into programs for monetary reasons while some are still not sure what they want from a college education. I sometimes see instructors just doing their job with nothing more and nothing less to give. I think it is so important to have a passion for your career whether it is as an instructor or student. This positive attitude reflects on many different aspects. Incorporating different technologies and different approaches becomes easy as an instructor when you love what you do. Students feel this and want to be engaged in the classroom.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, and check back next Wednesday for more words of wisdom from your peers. If you have any insights of your own to share, just fill out the form below:

[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”forms/d/1fBbzqcQsg_Me4J_GU8zeJnTikhAIinYTa-02KeQ4TxU/viewform” query=”embedded=true” width=”760″ height=”1500″ /]